If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for WCOS-FM, please provide WCOS-FM with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the following person at WCOS-FM:
Attn: Human Resources
316 Greystone Blvd. Columbia, SC 29210
It is the policy of WCOS-FM to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
Address & Directions
316 Greystone Blvd.
Take the Greystone exit off I-126, turn right at the end of the ramp, go through one traffic light, turn right just after Stivers Lincoln-Mercury into the Clear Channel building.
803-343-1100 Main Office
803-748-9267 Studio Fax
803-748-9267 Sales Fax
(please, no marketing faxes, thank you)
LJ Smith - Program Director email (programing and operations Questions)
Kelley Royster - Business Manager (questions about billing, employment, etc.)
Willie Tanner- Online Content Director email (questions about contests or websites)
We are closed New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
We may close early on days immediately preceeding some major holidays
Clear Channel Careers
Clear Channel is looking for a great salesperson for our Columbia team. If you have what it takes to join the fast-paced world of advertising sales, send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Radio Broadcasting Internships can offer a wide array of experience. Our internship program will provide an opportunity to combine hard earned book learning with some necessary real world experience. We offer one of the most hands-on programs specifically designed to make use of the talent and motivation in every intern--which, of course, is one of the ways to spot a possible future employee. We offer a multitude of exciting opportunities for our interns, from the broadcast booth to behind-the-scenes and everything in between. Interns will be assigned various projects in all departments. Will be working on power point presentations, recaps for advertisers, go on sales calls; market the radio stations at events, and on-site assistance with DJ's. Interns will assist with photos of events and with the execution of events. Interns will also be able to sit in on conference calls and major meetings. In addition, interns will be working with the Promotions and Sales Departments with coming up with ideas to be created into station events.
The internship is unpaid and college credit “must” be earned. Students enrolled in a degree program in communications, marketing / public relations / Broadcast Journalism or business related field preferred. Ideally, each intern should be available two or three days per week (Monday – Friday) and one day on the weekend if the station has a major event totaling 20 to 25 hours per week. There is some flexibility based on the student's schedule and the number of hours required by the school to receive credit. We are looking for talented, organized, and efficient interns with great communication skills. Ideally, they need to have an eye for detail and an understanding of the big picture. Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and experience with Photoshop is a definite plus.
- Students wishing to interview must E-mail their INFO or preferred drop off a resume/application. EMAIL:RyanLangSC@ClearChannel.com DROP OFF: 316 Greystone Blvd. Columbia, SC 29210 Our Internships are open! If you think you could be the right fit - degree program in communications, marketing / public relations / Broadcast Journalism or business related field preferred. We have expanded our Internship opportunities; we are looking for interns this semester. Interviews for Internships are (3) times a year. Call to setup an Interview! - (803) 343-1042, ask for Ryan Lang Interviews will be held at Clear Channel, 316 Greystone Blvd. Columbia, SC 29210
- You must be at least 18 years old,
- In good standing at your current college or university
- Great work ethic, attitude
- Cover letter and resume outlining the station(s) and department(s) at which you would prefer to intern. In your cover letter, please include your internship goals and desired accomplishments, your strengths, both academically and within your community and your long-term career goals.
- Letter from school internship supervisor or advisor verifying your internship registration (noting the number of credits, semester and applicable hours).
- One letters of personal recommendation.
- And likes to have FUN!